Hello Forum team 

can someone help me book this in, they can’t do it over the phone 

thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"they can’t do it over the phone "
YES they can, that’s the prime place for requests. Don’t be put of by customer services.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Hi Tudor,

Wasn’t aware you’d tapped my phone line, are you a spy or just someone that hang around the virgin media community in their spare time?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hasbulla wrote:

Wasn’t aware you’d tapped my phone line, are you a spy

Interesting conspiracy theory, but alas not. No-one's tapped your phone line, this is a public internet forum open to anyone to read and post on.

This is primarily a user-community forum where VM staff support when peer-based help has been exhausted. @Tudor  is a user just like you or I. If you don't call back into CS as suggested, VM staff should respond in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

I know, what I didn’t appreciate was the condescending response. 

I called CS, didn’t even get to DPA before I was transferred and the call dropped. 

Is that adequate enough to post on here without being questioned? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't see any response such as you describe.

VM CS can be quite variable at times, and many first-time or inexperienced users may genuinely not know whether to believe what agents tell them or not.

I don't see anything wrong with what Tudor posted, but the staff should be along shortly in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Thanks for your input Japitts, it’s been invaluable. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I was just stating fact, if you don’t like it, that’s your prerogative. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Every single query / question on this community could probably be resolved over the phone. 

But why do people come here? Because sometimes it doesn’t happen. 

you assumed I’d not tried and sent a snarky reply, it added 0 value to my original question or the thread. 

You are literally spending your spare time on a broadband providers forums being smart with people that want genuine help, it’s a bit weird if you ask me. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hasbulla wrote:

You are literally spending your spare time on a broadband providers forums being smart with people that want genuine help, it’s a bit weird if you ask me. 

Except for staff replies, every other user on this forum is spending their spare time responding to other users who want help. Myself included. Multiple other support fora - including many others I'm active on - have a very similar setup.

Many users on here could feel quite insulted by your comment. All of which detracts from the original query on this post that is pending a staff response, but could perhaps be some food for thought.