cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delayed by 5 months no end in sight - VM hasn't even applied for works permit

TheAnointed
Joining in

Hi forumites, I've been trying to get Virgin Media to install since last September and I'm running out of ideas - my last hope is that someone here can help.

N.B. I'd welcome suggestions which don't involve calling offshore customer support - I've wasted hours of my life to no avail trying to resolve this way.

Here's a quick timeline of what's happened

1st Sept 2023 - I ordered Virgin Media broadband. Installation is set for 18th Sept. Foolishly, I give my current provider, TalkTalk, notice to stop service on the 9th of October

18th Sept - I wait home for the engineer. No-one comes and later that day the installation date shown in the app suddenly changes to the 23rd of October. Obviously this is bad. I spend hours on the phone begging, cajoling and threatening customer support to try and avoid the service gap. I get nowhere but do discover that on-street works requiring a permit must be completed to enable installation.

After a bunch of further changes to the install date I contacted my local council to check that VM requested a permit for the required works. On the 6th of December the council's Highways team wrote to me to let me know that no permit has been requested.

Long story short, my installation has now been delayed 6 or 7 times (current ETA: 16th Feb), VM hasn't even applied for the permit they need to do the installation work, and I'm owed approximately £830 in automatic compensation (132 days of delay + 2 unannounced no-shows by engineers).

Can anyone help?! 

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TheAnointed 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear that your install has been delayed due to the permits and permissions not being requested/granted. 
We can take a look at our side to see what has been noted and raise to the correct team depending on what is happening on the account. 

I must advise that we aren't able to speed up anything through the forums, but we can certainly ensure that all that is needed is raised to the correct team so they can provide any available updates and chase any construction work needed. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks 15829. As you predicted precisely nothing has happened since I appealed for assistance on here. 

Can you advise on best way for me to escalate my compensation claim? Any and all advice appreciated!

Hi TheAnointed, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

I can see my colleague escalated your complaint to the relevant team and they will be in touch once there is an update on things for you. 

In terms of any compensation, this will be automatically assessed once the installation is completed. 

Apologies once again for the delay. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs