Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a longer cable

Joining in


I need to have a longer internet cable to be able to get the router works. Can you please advise on how to do so?

Many thanks


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a new install (within a month) ring up & it can be done free of charge. Otherwise you are looking at a charge of £25 for the cable change + signal rebalancing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to get VM to do this as you cant get VM spec co-ax cable on Amazon.   A tech visit is required and the charge is a reasonable all in cost of £25.

Call customer Services on 0345 454 1111 - or on 150 if you have a VM landline - or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post and they can sort it for you.

But... what do you man by "get the router works"... is that to connect your own router to the VM Hub?  If so then that is a DIY ... job using Cat6a ethernet cable


I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi monan77,

Thank you for your post. We're certainly happy to get an engineer booked in for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details.