cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having an extension done and need the VM box and cabling removed.

TeaAndSympathy
Joining in

Hi. I have a VM box and a cable going into my property. Where it's at I'm planning on having an extension. The wall will be totally removed. 

Will VM come out to remove the cabling and box. As the alternative is for the builders yo literally cut it and bin but I have heard that might make my property unserviceable in the future which I don't want. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It sounds like you don't have a VM service at the moment. If that's so then VM won't even know that the cable has been cut.

If you or someone else wants a VM service in the future then they will be only too happy to put in a new cable to start charging for it. And since there are going to be big changes to the network it's quite possible that a new cable will be needed in any case. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It sounds like you don't have a VM service at the moment. If that's so then VM won't even know that the cable has been cut.

If you or someone else wants a VM service in the future then they will be only too happy to put in a new cable to start charging for it. And since there are going to be big changes to the network it's quite possible that a new cable will be needed in any case. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.