cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub to move

Sohail-94
Joining in

Hi Guys,

Recently joined virgin media and due to the phone socket no longer being active as its via the hub I need the hub to be moved across the room so the landline functions

Or I need a 15metre cable to push the router closer to where my landline hangs so I can use it

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If this is a very new installation you may be able to persuade VM to install it as you need. Otherwise for a fixed charge of £25 you can get it changed to whatever you want.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I'm not sure if VM will charge you £25 to move the hub. Another option is to buy an RJ11 extension cable which you can get for about £10 on eBay.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sohail-94 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We would be more than happy to help with this, as the team have stated we do charge £25 for a relocation, can I ask when you were installed?

Hi Ashleigh, I self installed a couple of weeks ago but whilst waiting for number to switch over I didn't realise virgin no longer utilised the phone socket which is in the correct place but the router is upstairs 

Yes might need to, as wasn't clear that phone socket is no longer utilised

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Since this is a problem with a new installation, you shouldn't have to pay to get it sorted, as VM are responsible for the phone changes.

I suggest you call the Installations number 0800 052 1734 and ask for a technician visit. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, ill give it a go in the morning