cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 upgrade

david365
On our wavelength

Hallo, probably an unusal one but maybe the virgin forum support could help.

I am running a hub3 with a 350 package. The hub has failed and I am getting a replacement. I have a hub 5 which was left by tenants of a property I rent out. They recently emigrated. I offered to return it multiple times but I have never been sent return packaging and Virgin told me just to throw it out. I am under no obligation to store someone elses hub. 

Seems crazy. I guess virgin charged the tenants, or let it go. Isn't it possible through support for this to be activated on my account? The phone line support people were not prepared to do this. It could speed up the process of getting me back online and save virgin money. I would need to use it in modem mode, or turn off DHCP for this to be a solution.

Otherwise I guess it is destined for the bin...

Unless the forum support people can do something.... 

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

It does seem a waste. I have just seen one for sale for £30 (plus 4.95 p&p) on ebay although that too still really belongs to VM and will require activation. I reckon the VM forum team will go down the Returns route here rather than the activation one. The new Hub 3 will only further weaken your case I reckon. Good luck all the same with your three hubs. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @david365, thank you for your post.

In order to discuss this with you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Cardiffman282 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Agree, I have accumulated TV boxes etc, some of which were quite new at the time I stopped using them. All attempts to return this junk has failed and Virgin threatens to charge but won't take items back when you're still in contract. I guess the council tip beckons unless Virgin wants to pay a monthly fee for storage