cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 flashing blue.

brain83
Joining in

Got my HUB 5, connected it and the light was flashing blue constantly. Called VM and they couldn’t resolve it thru a phone so they apparently booked a technician for NOV 10. Plugged back the HUB 3 and the connection is not working as well. Can someone tell me how one thing can go this bad so quickly? I work from home is it’s impossible to be without a stable connection for 10 WHOLE DAYS

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If none reported on both of them, and neither Hub can connect, it suggests that the Hub3 has been removed from your account and the Hub5 added in its place - but has not yet activated onto your account.  These often get in an activation queue and can sometimes take hours for it to happen - or sometimes it just hasnt worked at all. 

Try a reboot first but then call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (follow options) and check with them. You will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brain83 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that your Hub 5 was not working when you installed it. 

If the team have run through the checks to ensure the router was activated at our side and all should be working, then the next step if there is no area issue is to book an appointment for a technician to investigate further. 

The reason your Hub 3 did not work, would have probably been because at our side, only one router can be paired to the account, so the Hub 3 would not work as the Hub 5 had been paired in it's place. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley