cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 slow speeds

Rickyc1
Tuning in

Good morning just upgraded to gig1 at the beginning of the year and I’ve had trouble with it since being installed so you can imagine the calls I’ve been doing to virgin 

so from day one I’ve been having speed issues so I rang customer service and they said move the router so I did, still had problems then there saying there conducting tests on there end saying they can’t find a fault when I’m 1000% there lying or checking somebody else’s internet because while I’m checking SamKnows/realtime 

on average I should be getting 1130mbps

but on SamKnows/real time I’m getting way under to getting 340mbps but virgin saying there’s no faults with my system 

my tv is buffering and running like I’ve got the cheapest internet in the world.

ive had a technician out to come view it they said my router was throwing a fault so he replaced it for me and the technician what came out was lovely and explained everything so after he came out it was reaching 805mbps 

then 3 days after BOOM straight back down to 350mbps 

im not getting what I paid for and I’m pretty sure it’s false advertisement and I’m on the verge of just throwing in the towel and just switching networks 

11 REPLIES 11

carl_pearce
Community elder

Is this on a wired device?

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

IMG_6076.png

It’s on the wired Gig1 

Rickyc1
Tuning in

since having problems with my Gig1 all I’ve been doing is researching online and literally everyone is having problems as in slow speeds Vm not meeting up to there requirements but when you phone there to busy reading a script in front of them not even answering you’re question to what you asked because they don’t know anything. 

I’ve been having some right problem with my Gig1 it’s meant to be running 1130mbps on average and I’m not even achieving close to it way under 

had technician out he found a problem with my router so he replaced it for a new one day later back to square one again but yet they seem not even listen no wonder there losing customers this time next year they won’t be a virgin media they will have closed the business down cause the customer service you get is very poor and it’s like speaking to a computer am not being funny but Siri is more intelligent and I get more out of him 

and to say they out a quote saying if we don’t meet the guaranteed WiFi speeds we give you £100 credit on you’re account but they don’t say you have to go through hoops and bend over backwards to try get it and even they you don’t get nothing but sir we have to do our tests before we can give you a solution on what there gonna do about it. 

I’ve been doing SamKnows/real time every day I can send them screenshots on what my router is running but nope there scrips doesn’t say anything about me doing and my evidence even though they told me to do it so it makes there job easier 

and even when there checking my internet it seems to be running fantastic there’s no problems with my internet well instead of dunking you’re biscuit into a cop of tea and going on hold for a couple of minutes actually listen to our problems and get you’re company sorted instead of losing customers what actually could say you know what virgin is alright but its not am getting poor speeds not living up to expectations,nothing is getting sorted about it so really I may as well throw the towel on and look for another provider. 

IMG_6094.png

Hey Rickyc1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, did they help?

How has it been over the last few days? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No haven’t helped me just keep going round in circles and I’ve got poor speeds last night I did a check and I got 287mbps 

and it’s not getting sorted and my only option is just swap networks so I’m looking about now 

Hi @Rickyc1 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We've ran a diagnostic test here and no issues are showing, your levels are all fine as well.

Can you please do a wired speedtest via laptop/PC at https://www.samknows.com/products/realspeed with only that device connected and report back?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

IMG_6165.png

As you can see as the photo I’ve attached it’s not really what I’m paying for when on average I should be getting some decent mbps on my Gig1 but I’m not getting what I’m paying for since day one of installing virgin media to my home