cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Connection ETA

89537kay3
Dialled in

Hi all!

So had VM and Sub Contractors out this morning running Fibre cables in my street and Northampton is one of the county's due for FTTP rollout this year still (Doubt that).

Anyone know how long it takes from cables being ran to me being able to switch / order an FTTP connection? Currently on the Mega Volt bundle with 1Gig internet and Hub 5 but super excited for the Hub5x with 10G ethernet and a decent FTTP connection.

Thanks

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.
22 REPLIES 22

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@89537kay3 wrote:

Virgin were out this week connecting up the cables and running the Fibre. I've spoke to VM who said it should be going live in the "coming months".

Don’t get too excited. I’m in another of the older HFC areas built by County Cable/Telecential (as Northampton was). Our FTTP cabinets were installed this time last year. Fibres put in & the service nodes are happily humming away. Nobody is connected to it yet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I had the email today to sign up to be connected. Whoop!

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

Three months is your answer then 👍

They did my street recently but are still blitzing the surrounding areas with new cabinets and have not yet arranged for the National Grid hookup so a few months to go yet. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).