cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped kerb catv cover needs moving

Rowankemp01
Joining in

Hello I have recently had a dropped kerb done and have found a catv cover for my virgin media. It's currently on the pathway and is currently too steep and I will need to move this in order to get my pathway and drive level. 

Can someone point me in the right direction for this.

Regards 

Rowan

1000060996.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you currently a VM customer (which may, possibly, make it easier for you to get VM involved)?

It is a bit hard to see from the photo what the problem is and what specifically you want doing. From the photo it all looks very neat and tidy.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Perhaps it's me but I don't see a CATV cover.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The little cover in the centre of the drive?

So basically the pathway is too steep and our cars are scrapping along the tarmac, the cat cover is right bang in the middle of the drive small plastic cover but it sits at the highest point, we need about to drop the drive and pathway so we can get our cars on/ off with damage and the catv box cover will need to be dug deeper or moved. 

1000061005.jpg

Yea that wasn't the best photo 

1000061005.jpg

Yes that is running our cable into our house and yes we are VM customers. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This looks like a pavement Tee. Did your council permit a drop kerb without getting permission from VM to deal with the Tee?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yea I'm guessing maybe so we got the permit back pretty quick even after it was checked over. We would only really needing it to be dropped maybe 50/60mm 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Typically you would create an enquiry here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diversionaryworks

VM charge you £250-ish for a survey and produce a quote for the work

Someone explained the process here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Manhole-Cover-Dropped-Kerb/m-p/5295367#M2...

When prices have been reported back on here, they have ranged from a few hundred pounds for something simple upto 5 figure sums for dealing with manhole covers/chambers.

Before doing any of the above though, I would suggest that you wait for a reply from the VM forum team (usually within a few days). If you are a VM customer already, with a working connection, there may be a different/better internal VM mechanism which can be used rather than the general process above.