cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery woes, lies from yodel!

mpmc
Superfast

Good afternoon all,

Our contract is almost up, (and as we've been (until now) mostly happy with the service) decided to renew our contract & get a better deal. A contract was agreed, self-install router upgrade pack sent via Yodel. Delivery was scheduled for yesterday (2024-05-21).. Here's what the yodel site says..

21/05/24 08:51 - Your parcel is on its way to you but our driver has experienced a short delay. Please check back for updates.

Still says out for delivery today (2024-05-22) at this point. Never turned up. Then today...

22/05/24 15:35 - Sorry we missed you. Please manage your parcel delivery preferences.

We've been in all day, No knock or ring at the door (yes the bell works), No "we missed you card", nor text with a delivery window.

I went onto the Yodel live chat, and was told this..

Please confirm, if the address is difficult to find, new build or any other reason the driver was not able to deliver. I see a failed attempt on 22/05 at 15:35 which says - Unable to deliver, as per the last scan updated by the driver.

No it isn't hard to find, Royal Mail, Evri and DPD have no issues with deliveries for the most part. I was then assured just like yesterday by Yodel that it would be tomorrow.. I don't believe it at all.

I can only assume the driver came near the road, and as it was pouring down with rain, didn't want to get wet, so marked it as "missed".
---

Went onto VM chat, and to cut it short, was told to contact Yodel, who in turn told me to contact VM! Is this some kind of joke? 😡

I do not hold out much hope for it turning up tomorrow, but if it doesn't, we may have a think about our contract with VM.

/rant end (thanks for reading).

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).
2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia and Yodel are well suited to each other. A match made in heaven - or perhaps that other place. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mpmc 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. I am very sorry to hear of the issue with the delivery. 

Upon checking the system, this seemingly looks to be sorted. Please do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill