cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays, more delays and contact centres who don't have a clue what is going on!

Vlrginrhopeless
Tuning in

I am a new customer to Virgin Media and my experience has been terrible. I would move elsewhere but it seems the broadband industry is in a shocking state. The installation of fibre at our house does require some additional work beyond the standard installation as new ductwork is required. This is fine and I understand it can take time. The issue I have is the communication within Virgin departments, and communication out to their subcontractors is woeful. I have had multiple delays, misinformation and unfulfilled promises. Multiple engineers have visited my property and they have no clue what to do as they do not have a clear scope of works. We had Virgin turn up to set up the broadband before the fibre was installed. 

The customer contact centre is useless as they do not hold the correct information. Today, we had other engineer visiting our house and once again, no clue what is going on. 

The amount of time wasted by engineers sent on wild goose chase jobs must rack up thousands of hours across the UK. If Virgin sort themselves out and stop wasting engineers time, we might actually get somewhere! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stephane22
On our wavelength

I am in the same case since two months

and Virgin keeps lying and promising fake promises. You should complain to the Ofcom and inform your local medias

Virgin is a total disgrace

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

framgsc
Tuning in

Hey Bud,

So far my installation date has been moved 16 times, basically since November last year.

Guess what, everytime I hear exactly same excuse that some essential works need to be carried out.

When I call the installation team, they don't have any update, on Tuesday I spent over 1 hour on the phone with MAI and guess what? She also didn't know anything, no one know anything...

Virgin media not responding back to my posts, it's a joke.

As a new customer, I'm massively disappointed!!

Let's see how many more months I have to wait.

Link to my topic here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-delayed-since-November-2023/...

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vlrginrhopeless 

Welcome to the community forums. 

We're really sorry to hear your install has been delayed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. 

I have checked the systems at our side and can see that this is being handled by the correct team and they have been in touch since you posted with updates. 

I can assure you, the teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead. If needed,  you can keep up to date with our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 or on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 4. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

stephane22
On our wavelength

I am in the same case since two months

and Virgin keeps lying and promising fake promises. You should complain to the Ofcom and inform your local medias

Virgin is a total disgrace

stop your lies, you NEVER help

you are totally useless and you are hired to lie to your customers

Hi Carley,

I understand delays can happen. The main issue is the lack of knowledge the contact centre has, plus the communication to your sub-contractors is shocking. I strongly believe Virgin Media and your sub-contractors will be far more productive if communication and management was improved. I’ve had several engineers attend my house and most of the time it’s been a wasted journey, they tell me they have not been given the information and I need to update them each time. A prime example was on Friday morning when the latest engineer visited. The only reason things are now moving is due to me relentlessly chasing. 

Hi Carly,

Once again Virgin engineer did not turn up today for the pre-install works despite assurances from the Supervisor. I phoned the numbers you provided and the people I spoke with are useless. They do not have any useful information, not even the extent of the work to be undertaken. It’s like taking to robots who have a limited script.

Virgin Media need to get a grip. If the engineers don’t turn up tomorrow I’m cancelling my order

Hey @Vlrginrhopeless,

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue, I can see you have since spoken to our team regarding this, were they able to provide further help?

Joe

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I really feel for you, @Joseph_B

It must be very dispiriting working for VM and having to make meaningless replies to angry customers.  I'm sure you would be glad to help them if you were allowed to. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Nope, no resolution so far, I was told there is a delay due to a Council permit to allow digging. Although, I can’t understand why it has taken so long to apply for the permit.