cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

samfawcett29
Tuning in

I'm on week 12 of waiting for installation works to be completed.

I was due installation on 02-11-23, this has been pushed back several times due to pre installation work not being completed. Each time i contact Virgin they can't tell me anything, no dates of a pre installation visit, and a false claim that there will be no more issues. After the first few delays i rang to cancel the contract where i was told i would need to pay a cancelation fee, i challenged this as i dont even have a cable connected to my house and my contract hadn't started. I was sent an O2 box, which worked for a few days and then had sim card issues, again useless. 

I'm now waiting on the 5th Feb after my latest delay, for installation to happen. I have no confidence that the external works are going to happen in time as Virgin can't give me any dates for this. What's worse is a Virgin contractor pulled up today so i thought this is it, finally. Went out to ask them if it was for my house and no it was for next door, who moved in a month after us. I asked if they could do my house at the same time, they said no and i wasn't scheduled in for anything that they could see. It would make sense to do both houses at the same time right? I then walked up the little row of new builds on my drive, about 5 houses, all have brown virgin boxes outside, I'm the only fool without one, and i moved in first. I fully expect Ant and Dec to jump out at some point. 

Can someone at Virgin please contact me to confirm when both the pre and internal installation work is due to be completed?

I'm 100% expecting a battle for compensation on this but have heard that isn't easy as well...A truly awful company, surely your customer service colleagues don't enjoy being moaned at and imagine shouted at all the time. 

Sam

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey samfawcett29,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your installation at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L