Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly changing install date

_wibble_
Tuning in

So far I have been given a date of:
20th February - moved as work was required
5th March - see above
then a phone call stating the work required had been carried out and another earlier date would be sent (it wasn't)
Now, 5 days before the 5th I receive a phone call stating my install date is on hold as work is required.  I will receive a call/email with a new install date hopefully within 1-2 working days (so next week most likely - if they actually send one).

To compound this issue my current ISP (PlusNet) "made a mistake" and cancelled my broadband leaving me with no internet since the 27th Feb.

I work from home and rely on the internet.  

My choices appear to be: trust Virgin to have the work done quickly, my experience so far hasn't filled me with confidence, or cancel Virgin and find another Openreach ISP provider.

Anyone else found themselves in this predicament!?
Frustrating doesn't come close to describing it.

EDIT: Just checked my Virgin APP and under Orders and Appointment it is BLANK !

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

"Anyone else found themselves in this predicament!?" 

Yes, it's very common. Read the forum. Keep a log of all the broken promises as you will be entitled to compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, after typing out my question I browsed the forum.
Doesn't look good !

Hi @_wibble_ 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your recent installation, there can be situations that may prolong an installation, such as external works that may need to be completed. Should any works reveal obstructions or additional requirements we may need to request permits for this as well as working alongside construction companies and their availability.

So that we can find out more and advise you with any and all updates, we would need to bring you in for a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Two months later 😞
Guess Virgin enjoy paying out compensation (What's the chances I will have a hard job getting it)

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@_wibble_ wrote:

<snip> (What's the chances I will have a hard job getting it)

That's pretty much certain for any significant delays but many similar past topics report favourable outcomes for the customer once the issue is referred to the ombudsman.