cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection stats. When to worry?

swaroco
Joining in

Can someone outline what the upstream and downstream power levels and SNR levels are supposed to be please?

Additionally, how many corrected and uncorrectable errors are acceptable per day? My 3.1 Downstream channel has MILLIONS of corrected and ~12k uncorrectable per day.

Finally, At least once a hour I get the warning " DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value" followed by the notice " US profile assignment change". This is on average every 40-60 minutes. My connection seems to momentarily fall unresponsive each time this happens, and my BQM sometimes notes a tiny bit of packet loss at that time too.

Does anyone know what stats I need to be observing and when I should be concerned that something isn't right?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post all your power levels and network log for comments.   Also setup a BQM and post the link to the shared live graph    www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

The millions of faults on the 3.1 channels are fairly common btw.   My Hub 5 (modem mode) would have millions of these as well.  Don't recall ever seeing a reason for this behaviour.   The US channels changing around would be more of a worry?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @swaroco, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues you've been experiencing on our service.

Can you please provide us with an update, via the advise offered by @Adduxi?

We will be on hand to assist you where possible once received.

In addition, have you checked our Service Status Checker https://virg.in/service or called our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update on any outages we may be experiencing?

Thanks,

David_Bn