cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about availability

Timstarh
Joining in

I am in the process of buying a new house. Some comparison sites list VM as available at the house, others do not. The residential sales site lists number 12 and 40, and does not list the rest of the properties on that road. The residential sales team on the phone say that it is not available on that road at all as the request was "rejected". Which conflicts with what another sales advisor told me, in that it is available at two houses on that road.

The business broadband sales site says that I can get VM at the property (number 53) and speaking to the business broadband sales team on the phone, they have confirmed that I can get VM but there will be a lead time of 20ish working days for installation which obviously conflicts with what the residential team is saying. The business team was very confused when I explained that the residential team had said.

Does anyone have any advice as a way to get a definitive answer as to whether I can or cannot get VM at the property? If I end up getting business broadband, then fine but its annoying to have to jump through hurdles.

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The only way you will know for certain is to place an order. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Timstarh 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry for any confusion caused 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t confuse Virgin Business with Virgin Media. They are different animals. Virgin Business is available off-net using leased Openreach infrastructure. Virgin Media residential is not. Virgin Business has no TV services, not even IPTV as TV services are only for residential use.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks