cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband services in Haywards Heath - West Sussex (RH16)

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

Hey all.

Virgin laid down the fibre optics on my road in March of this year, and we got some info through the door about it at a later date. I signed up to be notified and in August I got an email from Virgin saying, "Virgin Media is nearly ready! In a few weeks time, you'll be able to get your hands on lightning fast broadband and amazing TV."

12 weeks later, there's still no availability. The website simply says we are coming to your area, sign up to be notified when it's ready.

Does anyone know how much longer I'll be waiting?

50 REPLIES 50

I have a 10Gig network at home as I process some very large images like this one which the base file is 3.3GB and the total amount of images that make up this image is around 200GB:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/l3mh9m/0/

I am currently limited to Sky for broadband, as not a single provider has laid Fibre yet!

@happywithmy350 wrote:

@STAstro wrote:

Not jealous at all @Oneonefour!!!!

Your PC to router speed could be a limitation of the "Hub" that is used on the router itself, as they are a "Hub" and not a "Switch".  Most likely though the cause is that you're probably using a 1Gig network adapter in your PC which if it is one of the on-board ones, it will never get true 1gbps, they do not have the ASICs on them that enterprise class cards have

I can show you a screenshot of my 10Gbps network both ways if you really want to be.... VM is playdoh by comparison of a REAL Fibre ISP! 

This sounds cool. Mind sharing?

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

I bought a 2.5 gigabit network card for my PC and it increased the speed by about 20% over the motherboard's gigabit port, but still only getting about 35% (40MB/s) of the router speed. Some of the other hardware must be the bottleneck as I did some tests on my home server which is much newer hardware and I'm getting 110MB/s sustained download to an NVME SSD after a bit of tweaking so I'm pretty happy. Even that is still only about 75% of the speed to the router but I am going through a network switch which may be caushing a slight slow down and also using this motherboard's gigabit port which could be fully saturated at 880Mbps. All new cat6 cabling.

@STAstro wrote:

I have a 10Gig network at home as I process some very large images like this one which the base file is 3.3GB and the total amount of images that make up this image is around 200GB:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/l3mh9m/0/

I am currently limited to Sky for broadband, as not a single provider has laid Fibre yet!

That is a gorgeous image. Nicely done.

Another quarter gone by and still no signs of Virgin Media ever starting work in the area again, Swish Fibre and F&W have been working in the area, but in the same places that Virgin worked previously

It’s now 2 years since the fibre was laid outside of my property and Virgin still say the service is not available. 
Openreach are reporting that High speed fibre should be done this month, seeing there’s only 3 days til then they’d better get a move on. Hopefully once that are done then Swish will be available. Can’t wait any longer for Virgin!! 

I bet that's because Swish Fibre have been working on your road too 😄

This is my search result on Openreach.... somewhere up to 2026!!!!!

STAstro_0-1680019966743.png

Fingers crossed 😎IMG_7527.jpeg

STAstro
Tuning in

So around 3 months ago, a contractor installed (using BT ducting) Fibre cable for VM02, I wonder when there will be a go live date, the Liason officer said "December 2023" however with that just around the corner, I am not hopeful it will be enabled before the end of the year.