cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband services in Haywards Heath - West Sussex (RH16)

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

Hey all.

Virgin laid down the fibre optics on my road in March of this year, and we got some info through the door about it at a later date. I signed up to be notified and in August I got an email from Virgin saying, "Virgin Media is nearly ready! In a few weeks time, you'll be able to get your hands on lightning fast broadband and amazing TV."

12 weeks later, there's still no availability. The website simply says we are coming to your area, sign up to be notified when it's ready.

Does anyone know how much longer I'll be waiting?

50 REPLIES 50

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Oneonefour,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I know this must be frustrating waiting for an answer, Kath is currently on her rest day so I have popped her an email to see if she has heard back from our lightning team.

Zoie

Hi all, 

Just wanted to pop you a quick update to let you know I've not heard anything back as of yet.

I have sent a chaser mail and added on the new posts too. Hopefully I will have some news to offer once the weekend is over. 

Once I do get a reply, I will pop an update on the thread for you. 

Thanks again for your patience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team on this one. 

This have come back to me today to advise: Looking at this address we can see this is part of an opportunity that is currently in progress. Unfortunately we cant give any timescales on when the customers address will go live.

Whilst it is good news, there is no timescale so I can't say when things will be ready but at least it's confirmed - we're coming 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

I would have thought that Virgin digging up the pavements, laying cables and installing cabinets on our roads was a pretty good indication that Virgin are coming?

Thank you for checking in any case. I guess the wait continues.

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

Hi all.

Thought maybe enough time has passed that I can request another check to see if there's any new news?

I saw a guy with a high-vis working away in one of the new Virgin cabinets on my road a few days ago which made me think maybe things are almost ready.

Thanks

Fingers crossed. 
can’t wait to bin off talktalk for something,hopefully, more reliable and faster.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With any luck there will be a blanket leafleting run when the service goes live. In some cases you will also have reps coming round knocking on doors.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oneonefour
On our wavelength

@Zoie_P and Kath_F,

Any chance of an update please? It's been a couple of months since the last time. Website still says services are nearly ready and will be in your area soon (I do wonder what Virgin's definitions of "nearly" and "soon" are) but it's been saying that for about 10 months now. I understand that the availablity checker probably only has 3 possible answers, yes, no and coming soon, and it isn't smart enough to know exact details, but it's quite frustrating to keep checking and for nothing to change.

Seeing Virgin and O2 are joined, I asked in the O2 shop when Virgin would be going live in Haywards Heath. They advised in the next year. 
I would have accepted “we don’t know” but to say in the next year doesn’t really give an answer. 
Still waiting *Yawn*

I got this a few weeks ago from the Virgin Liason Officer for HH

"Lots of activity happening, addresses are being re-planned to reduce any impact standard dig/self-build will incur.

We are looking to replan utilising the existing Open Reach network to avoid any unnecessary civil work being undertaken."

Basically they are looking to route their cabling utilising Openreach's infrastructure to avoid too much digging up the roads, it looks like most of the problems Virgin faced could have been limitations imposed by Mid-Sussex

Have not had any update since