cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of connection every night at 1.4am

BATCH007
Tuning in

every night lately the past week or so or more the internet has been gone completely at 1.40 am for at least 20 minutes in the house. my area is west lothian, is there any reports of problems in this area at all?

69 REPLIES 69

The problem has been fixed now apparently:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/06/virgin-media-o2-uk-fix-midnight-broadband-connectivity...

...unless the OP's issue is a separate problem. 

If you look at the comments under the article you'll see that the drop outs didn't just happen at midnight - some have been seen in the same time frame as the OP is reporting.

it just cut out at 1.10am there for a few minutes n came back on.. sometimes its 1.20. or 1.40 or 1.50am always between 1 and 2am.

oke thanks ill set it up tomorrow.

still happening, Will have to set up that thing.

Hi BATCH007

Thanks for posting. That was an issue solved at the end of last week and we've not seen reports this week. Do set the BQM up and post the link 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

it just cut out there for 10 minutes.

what does this mean in the bqm.

This means that either your operating system, broadband router or your service provider isn't IPv6 enabled.

Don't worry--This is the case for most broadband users today. We would advise you to talk to your service provider about their plans to support IPv6, to encourage them to start work on enabling IPv6 on their network.

IPv6 is supported by most of the latest operating systems including Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 as well as Mac OS X.

IMG_20220627_100630.png

 . you can see the loss between 1 and 2am

my ping has also been bad, it's not like 20 to 50 a match in fortnite when it used to be 0 to 10 via ethernet.