cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub3 ethernet ports max speed 100Mbps?

xlncuk
On our wavelength

hi

had my 350Mbs service installed yesterday.

Having done some research and reading other posts on here it seems the ethernet ports wont go faster than 100Mbps (im currently getting about 85Mbps)

Yes the Wi-Fi is being reported at 350-375, but I'm really quite disappointed that it is not made obvious that I wont be able to get the max speed via ethernet, there doesn't seem to be much point being on the package I'm on if I cant take full advantage via Ethernet. I primarily use my connection for PC so gaming and Wi-Fi isn't really an option

Can anyone advise what my options are?

cheers

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

So right out the door you think this is a VM problem? We would be seeing many people with a hub 3 not going over 100Mb

Get a new cable

1aTTack.de 2m Cat6 Ethernet Cable Lan Patch Cat 6 Cables Internet Rj45 Plug 1Gbit/s SFTP PIMF for sw...

maybe your laptop does not have 1Gb NIC

maybe update your NIC drivers 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

Our Hub 3 network connects and maintains 1Gb/s perfectly.

Check the connecting cables are CAT 5e or later
and the device NIC is 1Gb/s capable with Auto speed & duplex enabled.

xlncuk
On our wavelength

Hi, I'm using the cat 6 cable that came in the box, it's not a driver issue, the PC has been previously connected to other networks and managed to get well over the current speed.

I did also try an alternative cable with same results and 2 laptops (trying both cables) with very similar speeds

The point I'm making is that I didn't realise (and didn't see in the small print) that the ports were restricted to 100Mbps

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@xlncuk wrote:

The point I'm making is that I didn't realise (and didn't see in the small print) that the ports were restricted to 100Mbps

I don't understand your thinking back when the super hub 1 was on the network it had 1Gb ports something like 10 years ago but you think the hub 3 that is newer has 100Mb ports? are you just pulling are chain?

get this and the cable I posted

BENFEI 2in1 USB-C/USB 3.0 to Ethernet Adapter with 3*USB 3.0 Ports Compatible for iPhone 15 series, ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

xlncuk
On our wavelength

my mistake if i have misread another post and got it wrong re the ports being restricted to 100mb

are you saying that the cat6 cable in the box isnt fast enough and that by using those cables you linked, it should be faster than my current setup?

my PC is relatively new (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10#kf)

so I wouldn't have thought id need to go ethernet to usb? unless im missing the point somewhere?

speed.pngduplex.png

Client62
Legend

This is the NIC of my HP Workstation network cabled (via cat 5e) to our Hub 3 it is always at 1 Gbps

Client62_0-1712778418848.png