cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 5 - keeps disconnecting

snossis69
Tuning in

set my new hub 5 up last week but keeps disconnecting from the internet is this normal for a new hub

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

54 REPLIES 54

Hi snossis69, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming that you would be happy to have an engineer visit. 

I can get that booked in for you today although I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi snossis69,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

I'm having this same issue and its been like this since I upgraded.

i had an engineer out 2 days ago saying theres glitches in the new hub he has now installed a hub 4 and its been fine since

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @snossis69,

Thank you for coming back to us and keeping us updated on your technical appointment!

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NealCobras,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues to the original poster.

Can you tell us a little more about the issues you're experiencing, just so we know what problems you're having and what steps you've taken already to have this issue resolved?

Please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to investigate further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi, 

Since I’ve had the hub 5 various devices just drop out of connectivity and they won’t reconnect unless I restart the router, my tv, Apple TV, iPhone, cctv and several laptops have all become laggy, something that hasn’t happened in all the years I’ve been with virgin, and when they are connected they show a good speed too  

any help greatly appreciated.

Neal  

The hub 5 was approved in modem mode so use it in that mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi NealCobras, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Checking the systems today it looks as though you hub's power and signal levels are not quite right. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @NealCobras,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team