cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod not connecting

Doug3170green
Joining in
  1. One of my wifi pods will not connect i have tried resetting the hub 4 and moving pid to various places but just keeps flashing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This seems to be a common issue atm, most likely issue is they havn't added the mac address of the pod to your account. If it doesnt connect to your wifi when you move it close to your hub, then give CS a call and ask if the pods mac address is located to your account, without it it will never connect.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it sourced from VM directly? 

This seems to be a common issue atm, most likely issue is they havn't added the mac address of the pod to your account. If it doesnt connect to your wifi when you move it close to your hub, then give CS a call and ask if the pods mac address is located to your account, without it it will never connect.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Doug3170green

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the Pod issue. I can see from a system check you've spoke to the team since this post and we're sorting it for you 🙂

Do pop back if there is anything further we can assist with 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Leigh0707
Joining in

Gets stuck once “link complete”. It doesn’t move beyond “this shouldn’t take much longer” …. yeah right !!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Leigh0707,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and your query!

Can you tell us a little more about your WiFi Pod issue so that we can assist further? Let us know more about what problems you're having so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cazdee
Tuning in

why has my post been deleted 

cazdee
Tuning in

I posted earlier about having exactly the same issue with my pod not connecting but that the guy I spoke with refusing to believe that the issue was that the Mac address hadn't been associated with my account and suggesting it was an issue with the way I'd first tried to connect the pod. He said I should have plugged it into a socket very close to the hub in order for the system to optimise things. There was nothing in the instructions that suggested such. Anyway we did that and surprise surprise it wouldn't connect to the hub so I now have a fault ticket raised under number 59762143 with a technical team whose phone number the customer services agent refused to give me.

They are supposed to phone me before noon tomorrow to tell me what needs to be done to resolve the issue which is now being described as a provisioning issue ( sounds suspiciously like a MAC address not being connected issue - but what do I know ! )  

I wondered if any of the tech team on here could help push this along for me 

Thanks for coming back to us cazdee, if your issue has been logged with out support team, we cannot do anything to escalate that from here until the ticket has gone passed the given fix time for the issues. The team will be in touch once the issues have been resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

RobDoyle
Joining in

I have a new pod too which I cannot get to connect to hub. What help can I get with this problem please?