cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issues

Jackamo45
Tuning in

Hi there, 

Been having consistent internet issues over the last 4 months. Was all fine until just before my contract renewal and now connection has been unstable and poor. 

Have tried everything on the VM Connect app and nothing works. Tried using wired and wireless connections. Noticed the hub has a constant orange light on it instead of white. It's a hub 3.0 as well. 

Would like to be able to consistently use my Internet and get the speeds that my contract promises. 

Kind regards,

Jack

18 REPLIES 18

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Jackamo45, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the services of late.

I've been able to look into the local area and don't see any area issues currently effecting any users.

When running a flow on the router, no errors appear to be present either.

Can you please confirm if these issues are still ongoing?

If so, have you or possibly can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor so we can see the extent of the issues you've been experiencing?

Thanks,

David

Yes these issues are ongoing. At least ever hour or two there is issues. A broadband quality monitor? I'm not sure what that is but I have ran as many tests as I could find on the virgin WiFi app. Thank you for your reply, just hope to get to the bottom of this. 

Hi Jackamo45,

Thank you for reaching back out, you can find the Broadband Quality Monitor here, let this run for a coupler of days and then post the results, we will then have a clearer understanding of what is happening.

Regards

Paul. 

I'll get that going, thank you Paul

Hi there, 

apologies about the wait but I have ran the monitor the last few days. Hope this will help and give a clearer picture. still been having the same issues over the past few weeks. BQM LINK HERE 

Cheers,

Jack

carl_pearce
Community elder

Constant packet loss.

Hi @Jackamo45, thank you for posting the link.

Are there any lights currently showing on your Hub? It appears to be showing as offline.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, apologies I was out the house yesterday and the electricity meter had run out. The hub should have been on most of the day now. There is a consistent orange light on the hub 3. 

Thank you for the reply,

Kind regards

Jack