cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi/broadband issues when raining

Melvear
Joining in

I've recently switched to Virgin from Sky and have not had any issues so far apart from when it is raining. I've read other threads that say that water could be interfering with the connection somewhere, how do you go about getting Virgin out to diagnose the problem and sort it? 

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Melvear, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your connection when it rains. Checking things this end, there is nothing wrong with the cables in your area. All signal levels are great. I've also done some checks on your hub. The signal and power levels are all optimal, uptime is good and there are no disconnections registered either. 

Can you expand further on what sort of issues you are getting when it rains?

Can you also let us know if it's affecting WiFi devices or devices connected via an ethernet cable?

Let us know so we can provide some additional help & support. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Whenever it rains the internet in my house just really struggles. Mobile phones drop on and off the WiFi connection, our game consoles (that are connected via powerline adapters) struggle to do anything. I've seen in other feeds that people have reported this type of issue before and it's been a problem with rain water getting into cabling somewhere along the network? We've only recently switched to Virgin from Sky and this isn't an issue we had before. These issues happen whenever it rains. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Melvear and I'm sorry to hear of the issues that only appear to be present when there's a downpour in your local area.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be on hand to assist you with getting to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks,

David_Bn