cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin hub 5 - Deco M4

chengster15
Joining in

Hello, 

Recently upgraded my hub (Hub 5) and Wifi package to 1GB (previously 500mb) and have been running my previous set up on Deco M4. I have the Virgin router on modem mode and have 3 Deco's around the house, 1 unit is wired via ethernet next to the hub and the others 2 is on wifi. On my previous package I would get arounds 300-350 speeds (on 500mb package) which was fine, but since i have upgraded to 1GB i have seen no improvement on my speeds apart from upload speeds (80-90). 

Before putting the Virgin Hub5 on modem mode I tested the speed (on wifi) and got 750-800mb speeds which is fine as its not wired in via ethernet. But since putting it on modem mode, and using the Deco M4's (like i used to) i am seeing around 50% drop off speeds. 

Does anyone know if its achievable to get around 700-800+ on Deco M4s? or is it simply that i need to upgrade them to more powerful units. if anyone is getting close to 1gb via a mesh system, could you let me know what model / set up you have please?

thank you

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Deco M4 are Wifi 5 ac protocol.  The Hub 5 is Wifi 6 ax protocol.  Time for an upgrade if it's Wifi speed you are after.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks