cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect can’t link with Hub 5

dogfishddl
Tuning in

Hi,

I’ve had a hub 5 for a while, and 1 pod. I’ve found a black spot in my home, so wanted to prove that using the vm connect app, and no matter what I do it can’t link to it. My connection is fine, I’ve barely had to touch my hub for months, and outside of the black spot in my dining room, the speed is also fine. Samknows also sees my router? Hesitant about disturbing my setup, I just want 1 extra pod for a total of 2 and I’m good. Thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

dogfishddl
Tuning in

Anyone?

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Use of Apple Relay or any mobile VPN will prevent the Connect app from working.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

What a load of crap that wretched CONNECT app is.  It takes control of your hub (as in messes with the settings) and inhibits important device functions on your phone/tablet.  Keep away from it and those equally wretched pods.  There are better solutions out there.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Hello dogfishddl,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub trying to connect to the Connect app. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven, I’ve now replied to your PM