cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 4 WiFi keeps dropping out

Joining in

Most of this evening I have had problems with my wifi. It connects then drops over and over again. I've tried accessing 192.168.0.1 but that doesn't always work as when I log in I'm just shown a whitepage. 

I've gone through VM help of testing the hub and then resetting and restarting the hub. Still nothing. Apparently no service problems in my area regarding broadband. 

Anything to do apart from continuing this monotonous loop to get maybe a maximum of 30 mins wifi??

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

The failed admin menu is a known issue with the Hub 4 in Router mode,
other symptoms may include Connect app has stopped working and VM Pods are offline.

Try pressing RESET for 60 seconds and then leave the Hub 4 powered on to revert to the factory option,
this may restart the admin menu, but it is not a long term fix.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

For what my opinion is worth, factory reset is not a good idea.  You'll lose 20 minutes of your life plus any settings you may have customised in the hub.  A power reset is much more useful as everything is flushed except the static RAM.

On the WiFi drops, is it just the WiFi or has the hub done a reset due to circuit issues?  The Network Log (when you can get into the Hub) would tell you.

If it is just WiFi, could it be signal issues?  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/UNDERSTANDING-KEY-ASPECTS-OF-WiFi/td-p/3870... might help in that case.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Cedge1
Joining in

I've been having exactly the same issue, been on the phone to CS today,no resolution.

Problem is I'm WFH and have lots of smart home tech, some I need to get installers back out to reconnect the WiFi with any new settings.

Just wanna log in and set my network back up.

Anyone any ideas?

Tried this. Doesnt do anything.

CS said there is a problem with the connect app but not aware of anything to do with accessing the admin menu.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 202104,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your services. 

We are happy to take a look into this. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin