cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect app forcing one wifi optimisation

MissSusie79
Tuning in

Until a few days ago, my app worked perfectly fine, I could pause devices and access everything connected to my router.  Now I constantly get a message to activate the one wifi optimisation and can't access the broadband section to control my devices unless I activate it.  How do I decline the optimisation and continue using the app with split channels for 2.4g and 5g as normal?  Many of my devices can only use 2.4g so I want to keep them separate otherwise I will have to change 25 devices if my network settings change.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM try to force people to use one SSID and turn on optimisation. The best thing to do is not use the app at all, but using a browse go into the hubs settings on 192.168.0.1 and you should be able to do everything the app provides.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I can't see how/where I can pause devices accessing my router, this is the main feature I use to control usage.  Also the app named each device whereas the hub shows as "unknown" for most of them so I can't see what to pause.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MissSusie79,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for any problems you are now experiencing on your App, just to clarify are you also unable to gain access through the settings page advised above?

Regards,

Kain

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as MissSusie79. I can log into the hub 4 directly but I don't want to enable one Wi-Fi as it causes problems with connecting some devices, in particular my Samsung galaxy S23 ultra running android 14.

How can I use the connect app without enabling one WiFi?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it about time this Connect app had a complete re-write?  😉

As noted above by @Tudor  the best option is to ignore the Hub, and get familiar with the Hub's admin console.

@MissSusie79  - You pause devices using the MAC filter section in the console.  You can also rename the "unknown" devices on the console as well AFAIR

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks