cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Connect App cannot find Hub 4

akrotosky
Joining in

My VM Connect App (latest version updated, yes) has not been able to find my hub 4.

I have tried resetting my hub bit still non-issue albeit my device and others can still connect to the router and access VM internet, it's just that the connect app cannot seem to find it recognise it.

Ive tried clearing the cache and uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.

It worked very briefly yesterday, I'd not been on the app in a while and saw it needed updating which I did, it then worked and I tried pausing a device which I cannot now unpause as the app cannot connect to the app.

This is incredibly infuriating and I don't know what to do. I can't bear the thought of trying to call VM, hours on hold being transferred frnone person to another with no solution, can they send me the latest hub do you think, may be quicker, any other ideas please people?

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Alessandro Volta

We ditched the unreliable Connect app many years ago.

Remove the Wi-Fi Pausing via the Hub 4 admin menu at http://192.168.0.1/

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @akrotosky 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with unpausing a device and connect app access. 

Have you tried the steps of clearing the data and uninstalling since you updated the app? 

If not, Please try the following:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 

For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:

Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Keep us posted how that goes for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks, doesn't seem to have worked and device still paused!

akrotosky
Joining in

Hi Carley - this has not worked I'm afraid, can someone contact me to arrange a fix, this has gone on long enough, maybe you send me the next model up router or something as this is infuriating

Hi @akrotosky 👋.

Thanks for the update on this, could you please join me in a private message to look into this further, we are aware of an issue with the Connect App not connecting to Hub 4's and we are looking into this matter, but so we can assist further, we do need to obtain some details from you. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Is there an update on this?

Thanks for reaching out to us @DBMac83 and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you've been effected by this issue, with the Connect App and our Hub 4.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll aim to have this fed back for you

Thanks,

David_Bn

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Sorry to hear that you've been effected by this issue, with the Connect App and our Hub 4.

If you have the Connect app installed on any of the devices in your home,
it is virtually impossible to RESET a Hub 4 & get it working.

The issue being the Connect app will re-connect with the Hub 4 as soon as it comes back online
and it will corrupt the Hub 4 again putting you back in the same place you are now.

anonymous_winn
Joining in

We had an outage in the area two weeks ago, which sent my modem into some sort of death spiral. I couldn't connect with it via VM Connect or the IP addresses. 

An engineer came out last Thursday and replaced the hub. VM Connect still saying 'can't find hub'.

Another engineer came out today and can't find fault with the equipment.

I've deleted the app from my iPhone, cleared the cache, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, and still not working!

How do I resolve this please – it's been going on for two weeks now!!!