cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade & customer support what is the point?

Raelleval
Just joined

My recent encounter with Virginmedia has left me deeply disappointed and frustrated. As a customer eagerly awaiting an upgrade to my internet service, I was met with incompetence, rudeness, and an utter lack of empathy from their customer service team.

The saga began when I received a notification that my internet was due for an upgrade on April 30, 2024. Excited at the prospect of faster speeds and better connectivity, I eagerly awaited the promised enhancement. However, as the date approached, I realized that my internet had not been upgraded as promised.

Concerned, I reached out to Virgin Media customer service for assistance. Little did I know that this would be the start of an incredibly frustrating and disheartening experience.

Upon connecting with a representative, I was met with an unhelpful and dismissive attitude. Despite explaining my situation clearly, I was met with nothing but scripted responses and robotic repetitions. It became apparent that the individual on the other end of the line was simply reading from a script, devoid of any genuine concern for my issue.

To make matters worse, when I inquired about the delay in the upgrade, I was informed that it would take a staggering 15 working days for the process to be completed. This was in direct contradiction to the initial notification I had received, causing further confusion and frustration.

What truly astounded me, however, was the blatant rudeness displayed by the customer service representative. Instead of offering assistance or attempting to resolve the issue, they adopted a condescending tone and seemed more interested in getting me off the line than addressing my concerns.

It's disheartening to see a company prioritize scripted responses over genuine customer care. As someone who relies heavily on internet connectivity for both work and personal use, this experience has not only inconvenienced me but also tarnished my perception of virgin media.

In conclusion, my experience with Virginamedia customer service was nothing short of appalling. From their lack of transparency regarding the upgrade process to their rude and dismissive attitude, they have failed miserably in providing satisfactory support to their customers. I sincerely hope that they take steps to improve their customer service practices, as no one should have to endure such treatment.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What were you promised ?  From what, to what? What hub model is it ?

Was this free from them or one you were seeking and expecting to pay more for?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paypeanuts
Tuning in

I completely agree with you. The “support” has taken on a more ‘estate agent’ type staff. Likely playing W.O.W and they feel put out when they have to answer the phone. Get the team-leaders in a room and say “turn it around or you are toast”. I hope you get your issue sorted soon OP.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Raelleval,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

We're sorry to hear you've not had the best experience, and we were unable to find a package you were happy with.

Package changes aren't something we do via this forum, however so I can take a closer look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm