cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable connection

Hedges1989
Joining in

Hi guys

new to the board. My broadband and phone lines have had terrible connection the last few weeks 

we work from home, and the past week we’ve been seeing a huge increase in the amount of times we’ve lost service.

today was the cherry on the top where by the lost internet at 1:30pm and it came back online at 4:30pm. When we eventually got through the unhelpful help desk, they’ve told me they could book an engineer but it would be Friday. I’ve just logged onto my account and I have no appointments for an engineer. We also pay for the homework’s where we should be getting next day support.

can someone help 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this

-------------

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Morning

i did that, and no known faults were being displayed. We struggle for mobile signal where we are so actually loading a website or talking to someone can be a little tricky.

Last week we had a the Hub6 sent out as part of a new package and the call centre very helpfully promised it would sort all out issues, less than 2 days it’s been running and issues are still apparent 🤬

part of me is thinking of cancelling the contract and moving elsewhere

Hi Hedges1989 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these recent issues with your connection. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide! 

It does look as though you have been in touch with us again since posting for some further support with this. Hopefully this was able to resolve things?

Looking at the connection in the past 24 hours there has been a huge reduction in the number of disconnections, with only one showing, and nothing yet today (Friday 1st December). Hopefully this means the issues that may have been affecting you in the area have now been resolved. There is no cause for concern from the data or outages in the local area at the moment. 

However, I am happy to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so that I can offer further support if you do still need it! (Including with any complaint you have raised as a result of the experience.)

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly