cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two separate Virgin Media broadband connections in the same house

Ciffer
Joining in

My housemate already has a virgin media broadband in this house, but I want to use separate internet, so is it possible to have two separate Virgin Media broadband connections in the same house?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Yes, if VM Sales agrees to it. You'll both have your separate accounts and bills.

Installation will be by splitting the cable that is in the house with one leg for housemate and one for you. This will be fine so long as the signal strength is good enough.

I have to say, though, that this is an unusual setup and a much cheaper option would be for you to run an Ethernet cable from his hub and share the bills.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Yes, if VM Sales agrees to it. You'll both have your separate accounts and bills.

Installation will be by splitting the cable that is in the house with one leg for housemate and one for you. This will be fine so long as the signal strength is good enough.

I have to say, though, that this is an unusual setup and a much cheaper option would be for you to run an Ethernet cable from his hub and share the bills.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Ciffer ,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, let me see what i can do to help.

Having to accounts at the same address is entirely possible. As mentioned by @Roger_Gooner this would mean two separate services with two separate bills.  I am more than happy to help you achieve this if that is what you would like. I will send you a private message to support you further.

Thank you

Jon

Hello VM-Jon,

I'm interested in getting an additional connection in my property (where one Virgin broadband is already installed).

Regards,

Piotr

Hey there VM-Jon, i would also be very interested in this as i have just been told by cust services this is impossible!!

If you could get back to me to confirm that would be great.

Mark 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"i have just been told by cust services this is impossible!!" unfortunately customer services often give out incorrect advice like this. If in doubt with any information that you want verified, post a question on the board. The board is processed by VM staff, like Jon, and lots of ordinary uses with a wealth of IT/telecoms experience. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @wiggy30 

hello, welcome to the community.

Of course, I’m more than happy to help with this, I will drop your private message for some more details and pick this up. Thank you

Hey zamo77, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to say this however its only possible to have one direct line into a residential house.

It's just not possible to have two direct lines into one home. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

is it possible to do the same and set up 2 different hubs and 2 different bills using the same account.

Hi @Robinson15 

Having two separate connections at one property is possible but this would mean two separate accounts and hence two separate bills and payments. Most people chose to share their broadband connection with all that live in the property however we know that this isn’t right for everyone so can allow two connections if that’s what’s required.

If this is something you would like to do, please can you respond to the private message I sent from your other post and I can support you with this.

thank you

Jon