cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching

zertos258
Joining in

Hi if I wished to switch from BT to Virgin Media two things.

1: does Virgin Media offer complete WiFi in all rooms like BT (and match it)

2: Does Virgin Media have anything that matches BT's Halo Hub???

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM kit is bad in router mode  works best in modem mode with your own kit

why switch?

---------------------------------------------------------------

RT123
On our wavelength

1. VM does offer (terrible) pods but if you want a mesh setup, it’s better to buy your own (I unfortunately don’t know that much about mesh setups, but would probably look towards something like the TPLink Deco mesh routers). They also aren’t free on anything below Gig1 or without Volt - they are £8 a month

2. Would appreciate some clarification on this - are you referring to the Smart Hybrid Connect (4G backup)? If you are, VM doesn’t have a 4G backup.

I agree with Legacy though - why would you switch (especially if you are using BT’s FTTP service - I would suggest switching to another OR provider) 

I do not work for VM, just trying to help!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RT123 wrote:

I agree with Legacy though - why would you switch (especially if you are using BT’s FTTP service - I would suggest switching to another OR provider) 

VM have some exceptional deals for new customers ATM.  My daughter is considering changing to the VM 250 package as it is £7/month cheaper than any that BT (and others) can offer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

If BT FTTC or FTTP was an option for us we would not be with Virgin Media.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Other OR providers offer exceptional deals for new customers too. And without needing a VM cable and Hub. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whatever ISP you go to I would always recommend you getting your own networking equipment. You know exactly what you are getting and if you then change ISP it becomes much easier.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2