cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5 modem only custom dns on 3rd party router not working

mhayes
Joining in

Didn't have a problem when i was using the superhub 3, but now i have the latest router in modem only mode the dns settings on my 3rd party router are not working, they are still defaulting to the virgin media dns settings. I also don't know if this is relevant but in modem only mode the light is green where on my previous router the light was on red.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Modem mode is green on a Hub5 - mine is like that.

What make and model of router do you have ?

I suspect you may just need to connect your router up again in the correct sequence.

To correctly set it up see Tudor’s message 2 in here….
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

mhayes
Joining in

Tried that and still get connection reset for website im trying to access however if put my VPN on then I can access this site. My router as Asus RT-AC68U (Merlin Build) Never had this problem when I had a Super Hub 3

Client62
Legend

This is not a DNS issue, the site's IP is being correctly returned as [REMOVED]

The site mentioned is not available via VM internet without a VPN, it must now be on a UK blocked list.

[MOD EDIT: The IP has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Cloud Flare is blocking it (but most aren't) https://www.blocked.org.uk/check

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

Oh la la ... this is the first time in many months that I've been censored.

The website in question has been silently removed from the thread with out the usual [REDACTED] marker.

The OP sure now understands their kit is working fine.

But a VPN with a non UK exit point may be needed