cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2 (not the AC) on its last legs

daveeb
Up to speed

Hi all. Been using this antique for the best part of 10 years, the wifi has been iffy for at least half of that (a known fault apparently). For all that time I've been successfully using a wired dedicated access point for wifi which just recently has started getting a bit flaky so instead of investing yet more money in another third party device I was hoping VM could supply me with a correctly functioning new router. I was offered one years ago during a conversation with CS but then their system wasn't working properly so couldn't go ahead with it and I've never bothered to try again until now. The ethernet works fine and the wifi signal is strong but very unreliable. Also the top two (5g/2g) lights have completely gone out and the third light down (the tick) is barely visible. If I can get a replacement that would be great although I don't want any contract extensions, I'm in contract until september as it is.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @daveeb,

Thanks for joining me in that private message, glad we could go about upgrading your Hub to a newer model, if you do need anything further, please do reach out and we would be more than happy to help.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @daveeb,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Hub for so long, I would like to look into this with you to see if we can come to a resolution and get this working for you, to this extent I will be sending you a private message.

Joe

Thanks Joe. PM replied to.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is faulty then VM should just replace it for free with no contract extension.

Very likely you will get a refurbished Hub3 but should work ok

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks JB, yes it's the conclusion I came to as well. I'll wait and see what Joe suggests. Aside from the issue with the old router (and an equally old 500 GB  tivo with a scart socket) I suspect I may be jumping ship once VM stop TNT being included with Maxit TV, it's the only reason I take the tv package.

daveeb
Up to speed

Hi Joe, just got your reply, thanks. It's been so long since I upgraded anything I'm well out of the loop. I think my hub2 is connected via a screw in F connector, what do I need to do when the new one arrives ? Thanks. (There doesn't seem to be a reply option to your latest PM hence this message).

daveeb
Up to speed

Also as previously mentioned this won't affect me getting TNT as part of my Maxit package will it?? If it does I definitely don't want to proceed with the upgrade. Thanks.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @daveeb,

Thanks for joining me in that private message, glad we could go about upgrading your Hub to a newer model, if you do need anything further, please do reach out and we would be more than happy to help.

Joe

daveeb
Up to speed

Will do. Thanks for your help Joe. 👍

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joseph_B   One for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.