cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub bug requiring resets

lynneess1
Joining in

Last night I finally saw the evidence of the following issue: when my super hub 3 gets its software updated at ~2am, it breaks modem mode. I saw the lights changing in the hub as it was updating and have since had no internet connectivity. The red light still shows it being in modem mode but it does not work. 

None of my devices have any internet connectivity. I have thoroughly checked my personal network set up and NOTHING else is causing an issue. The only way to restore connectivity is to 1) pinhole reset the super hub, 2) put super hub back into modem mode and sometimes at this point I also have to 3) reboot the hub and disconnect/reconnect the Ethernet cable to it.

This takes way too long having to wait for all the resets and reboots. This is incredibly inconvenient, I sometimes have to hotspot from my phone for hours until I have a break in wfh to faff around resetting the hub.

Before resetting the hub, my self hosted applications (eg password manager) are also publicly inaccessible. Since the issue can only be fixed if I am physically present at home to use the pinhole reset, this will be a MAJOR issue if I cannot access my network. I feel like I’m paying for a sub-standard service with this hub issues driving me mad. 

Is there anything I can do to permanently fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lynneess1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some connection issues. We've not been able to locate any details for you, can you advise if you're still having problems today?

Were you able to call us on as Tudor suggested?

Alex_Rm

I’ve not had time to phone yet. Last week I had to reset the super twice, on Wednesday and Thursday morning. It is currently working in modem mode but I am expecting it to happen again any day now 

Client62
Legend

The current Hub 3 Software version is 9.1.2208.100   ( available for over 12 months ).
This software version
is shown in the Hub 3 menu at: Admin >>> Info. 

If you have the current software version, avoid resetting the Hub 3 as the RESET process is very likely to cause the Hub 3 to revert to an older factory software version, thus triggering another over night update event.

Restarting / Power Cycling the Hub 3 does not cause the software version to roll back.