Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Hub5 1Gig service packet loss and jitter

smithy01793
On our wavelength

So I am on the 1Gig service along with the hub 5,

I am getting packet loss and jitter almost all the time, 

Power levels and signal status on the hub 5 is with in VM range on both up and down services, 

on the network log i am seeing this however

i have added the X marks to remove mac address info 

10-11-2023 23:32:19criticalStarted Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
10-11-2023 23:28:50noticeREGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status
10-11-2023 23:28:43noticeDS profile assignment change. DS Chan ID: 32; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 1 2 3.;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
10-11-2023 23:28:36warningDHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxx ;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
10-11-2023 23:28:33noticeHonoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
10-11-2023 23:28:28criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
10-11-2023 23:28:22criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=axxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Where are the test results showing packet loss & jitter ?

Sorry bud what test results are you referring to. If u provide a link or something I am happy to run it. 

I am seeing notifications when I am gaming almost permanently. And not getting it on my other much slower Internet service 

smithy01793
On our wavelength

So anyone have any update on what i can try next please

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

setup a BQM

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

Games are notorious for spuriously claiming packet loss when their servers / networks are overloaded.

Use the link below to see if there is packet loss to the public internet, often there is not and the network problems are many hundreds of miles outside of the customer's connection to the ISP and the public internet.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see stats for Packet Loss, Jitter, Latency & Upstream speed.

Watch out for a big step in Latency between the VM Hub and the PC / Game console if a Wi-Fi connection is involved, that can affect the experience & is why WI-Fi is not ideal for real time services.