cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking customer service - Full loss of service 5 days - DO NOT RECOMMEND VM

tonivi96
Joining in

Monday 11th March - I came home after work and there was a technician working outside my property presumably doing something for the neighbours VM connection. Didn't think much of it but later discovered my connection is not working. Phoned customer service and was told internet is down for everyone and there is an outage in the area and to wait and they will fix ASAP.

Tuesday 19th March - Still no TV or broadband, the green light is flashing. Call again - this time customer service agent says there is no outage and we try to reset my box manually etc do all troubleshooting. He says my box is offline and will need to send a technician so books me a slot for the following day between 4pm and 7pm and says the technician will call 20 minutes before arrival to check somebody is home. I receive text confirmation of this appointment

Wednesday 20th March - No call from technician received and he never showed up. I had no communication from any technician whatsoever. At this point I call Virgin Media customer service again at 7:30pm to report the no-show and he says he submit my request to the technicians team and somebody will be in touch within an hour . No contact after an hour so i call AGAIN. This was the worst call, the customer service agent kept telling me to calm down and relax and he resubmitted my form again but said technicians are not working now so somebody will contact me tomorrow. I am without internet connection and TV still. Because of this, I am having to pay money to travel into the office to work because I am unable to work from home but I am still not being considered as a priority. I feel frustrated as this issue was caused by Virgin. After an hour on the phone I give up and decide to call back next day.

Thursday 21st March: 8:40am - I need to prepare to work and I have no internet at home and no contact from any technician overnight so I call back again, hoping to get a technician out same day since they missed the first appointment. Customer service tell me this has been raised to the field area manager as a priority however despite this I am not able to get a technician out until Friday 22nd March. This is unacceptable as the technician did not show up yesterday and I'm being forced to go another 2 days without internet when this is crucial to my job as a remote worker. This is causing me lots of stress, I spent an hour and 40 minutes on the phone this morning instead of working and still no closer to solving the problem. I need a technician ASAP. I am utterly astounded by the appalling level of customer service and nobody reached out to me regarding my situation, I am having to chase every single day ad this week has been extremely stressful because of this.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To clarify... if there is a known network issue in your location then all individual Tech visits are auto-cancelled in the location until that has been resolved (makes sense really!).  To find out if there is one for your location and when it is estimated to be fixed,,,  you call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.  The "compensation "timer" for loss of service can also be started on this number if appropriate.

So... what is that reporting for you now?  If its reporting "no issues" come back here and we can do some more "digging" to see what is going on.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately you are not the first to have an interrupted service.  The Residential contracts from VM have no SLAs attached, so not much you can do.  I would suggest if working from home is a must, then some sort of redundancy plan would not go amiss.  A 30 day rolling data SIM for example would suffice?  I know it's not a solution, but more of a "safety net" for the future. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello tonivi96,

Thanks for your first post on our community.

Sorry to hear about the 5 days loss of service and the failed engineers appointments.

I can appreciate the need for an active service especially as you are a remote worker.

Although we as with all companies are unable to guarantee a trouble free service, We would also like to ensure the customer is kept up to date with appointments.

Can I just ask how the service is now? Are you back online?

Regarding the 5 days loss of service refund, I would like to take a look at this for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L