cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light

Ajcrits
Joining in

My hub has a constant red light instead of the white one on the front. 

4 REPLIES 4

FlockWallpaper
Up to speed

Hub 3?

If so, then it will need to be replaced. Your best option is to simply hold fire for a day or so until a member of the forum team gets to this thread and they will offer to get in touch via a personal message to arrange a tech visit to do that.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Ajcrits, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the red light on the Hub.

Can you please confirm if the hub feels too hot to touch?

A red light on a hub usually depicts overheating and in most cases needs to be replaced, but before we do this, can you possibly try switching it off via the switch on the back on the hub and then unplugging it for 30 minutes to allow this to cool down?

Once the time has elapsed, please plug the router back in and perform a reboot on the hub to see if the red light re-appears.

If this doesn't work, please then try a pin hole reset on the hub, with the pin held in for approximately 60 seconds.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks for responses. It wasn’t overly warm and I’ve restarted and held reset button as suggested, but the red light remains. 

image.jpg

Thanks for coming back to us Ajcrits, you would need a technician visit to have your hub replaced. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L