cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Super Hub 3

IGC31
Tuning in

In the past week my Hub started showing a Red Light instead of the white one on the front.

I have undertaken the various troubleshooting suggestions and nothing has changed. There are no service problems visible when logging on this website to check service status. Some of the posts on the forum suggest that the red light is an indication that the hub is overheating and needs replacement.

We have had occasional wi-fi and wired ethernet connection dropouts but there is no significant impact on service as yet.

I would be grateful for advice on next steps from a Moderator.

2 REPLIES 2

ja5onh
On our wavelength

Hello I had a similar issue last year and in the end the router was replaced. However, when the engineer came out to replace the router he told me that the LED light had only discoloured due to age constantly being on and there was nothing wrong with the router. He did swap the router though but if it’s still working then perhaps just keep using it until it does stop working. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IGC31 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing a red light on your Hub. On a Hub 3, a red light can indicate overheating, but it can also indicate an internal failure on the technology inside the Hub - which may be linked to your intermittent service.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can assist in booking a Technician. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ