cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in EH10 Edinburgh area 11 - outages

MarkCV1
Tuning in

I've been with virgin for 2 months. I have never ever experienced such a poor ISP in my life.

I have had outages almost DAILY. Each time.i call I'm informed there is complicated/complex issue being investigated. When I call, I've asked about the constant outages and no one can give me an answer. It apears the infrastructure is at fault in my opinion, as what else would cause this.

Please can someone from virgin explain to me what is going on before I take to X

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

35 REPLIES 35

MarkCV1
Tuning in

Informed that the issues experienced of late have been fixed as off 4pm. Now I'm struggling to get over 1mbps - clearly still an issue.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To see if it still exists... try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

MarkCV1
Tuning in

Another outage in EH10 area 11.

To virgin media. Look at my other posts. Multiple outages. When will this be resolved once and for all.

Hey @MarkCV1,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know your services are working, we are glad to hear this, with this the team would've investigated the issue and made any changes to the cables/cabinets as needed.

What we ask you to do now is let us know if this issue occurs again so that we can look into this further if needed.

Joe

Hello. I had a further outage this morning. I made another forum post about it. 

Joe, why all the issues? I suspect faults in the cabinet(s) and/or exchange.  Why so many and why are they not resolved?

Hi Mark,

I just moved into Morningside from Corstorphine. I had Virgin Media for 18 Months prior to moving to my new flat on Comis*** Road. Never once had an issue in those 18 months and never once had anything bad to say against Virgin. Since I have moved into this new flat over one week ago, my speed has been on average at 2- 10mbps where it should be at 300mpbs. I have been calling Virgin every day. They told me that the issue was supposed to be resolved today at 12:03. At 12:05 I got an email telling me that the resolution date had been pushed back by 24 hours. I am still in my cooling off period, so given what I have experienced this week and what you have put here online, I'm going to cut and run -so thank you for posting all this.

Hope you can find some comfort in knowing you're not the only only one going round the twist.

Tom

Hi @MarkCV1 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies on the issues that you are facing, we advise to only submit one post regarding your query as the timestamps can dIffer and can cause a delay in responding.

The issues that you are facing is the result of an outage in your area, ref: F011231035, it is still ongoing and has an estimated fix date of the 19th March at 9am. Please do ensure that it is logged against your account as the more we know who is affected to advise the engineers of this.

Sabrina

Its down again Sabrina

Hi @MarkCV1 

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing. 

I can see that you have opened multiple threads on this same issue and you're being supported on those threads. We please that members do not create multiple threads on the same issue so we can support quicker and to ensure all information is within one space for both yourself and any other members also seeking support on the same concern raised. 

Should you have any questions, please direct them to your original thread, where we will support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Another outage. Been ongoing since 7pm. 

Well done virgin media.