cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in EH10 Edinburgh area 11 - outages

MarkCV1
Tuning in

I've been with virgin for 2 months. I have never ever experienced such a poor ISP in my life.

I have had outages almost DAILY. Each time.i call I'm informed there is complicated/complex issue being investigated. When I call, I've asked about the constant outages and no one can give me an answer. It apears the infrastructure is at fault in my opinion, as what else would cause this.

Please can someone from virgin explain to me what is going on before I take to X

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

35 REPLIES 35

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If you read my post, you'll have seen that I have already called VM and they acknowledged there are faults but offer NO insight into the repeated problems or causes. 

MarkCV1
Tuning in

To VM, yet again, ANOTHER outage in eh10 area. Please please PLEASE , what is going on!?!!? Thats 5/6/7 outages in 6 days!

Exactly my experience too - also in EH10.  Outage after outage after outage, a completely inadequate service which is essentially preventing my partner from doing her job, working from home.  It's not acceptable, and surely we should be able to leave a broadband contract, without a penalty, if the service is not fit for purpose, which it clearly is not.  I am looking into it.  

MarkCV1
Tuning in

ANOTHER outage this morning,  around 11:30. I called the outage line and record message states "virgin media are upgrading the network, services should return at 6pm today"

Well, thanks for the warning.

Where are the VM reps in this forum who can offer some explanations?

MarkCV1
Tuning in

Another outage in EH10 area. That's at least 4 this week, and over a dozen in last 4 weeks.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @MarkCV1, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you were impacted by an outage 😔

It appears as though this has now been fixed. Is your service back up and running?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

I, and the eh10 11 area have been impacted by multiple outages for 2 months now. 

It's working now but I have zero confidence in the service. The only confidence I have is for it to go down again very soon.

What assurances can you give me that the service will be more stable now? 

I would also appreciate you inform me of what the issue was and what was done to fix.

Regards. Mark