cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network performance

Michelle32a
Joining in

My hub 3.0 is displaying a red light constantly and the WiFi performance is very poor, we have tried rebooting the router multiple times, however this has had no effect. The router is in a well ventilated area and is not hot to the touch so I don’t think it’s overheating. 

We have tried calling for support, however we have just been sent pods which don’t make any difference to the network as the router can’t even detect the devices. Has anyone else had similar issues and would know how to resolve it?

7 REPLIES 7

Hosay299
Superfast

welcome have u checked online to see if there is any issues as the vm site can check ur set up

have u tried the vm connect app it is good but can have some issues but can help work out the areas with a issue 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Michelle32a, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Let me send you a PM and we can look into this, but in the meanwhile please try these steps;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello there, please can you just send an engineer. I’m really struggling to get it sorted. I work from home and it’s driving me crazy it’s so slow! 

Some times they can do it romotely as a person can take a few days depending on when they have someone for the area

What is the issue are u getting any service?? on vm hub ??

I’m happy to wait as I know my router has a problem. The light on it is always red. I’m sick of asking for help. On the phone they always start at the beginning… I’ve tried everything and now I’m at the end of my tether. Think I’ll just leave VM. Shame after 25 years but it’s the worst it’s ever been. Working from home is a nightmare. The apps say no problems in my area or with my connection but the speed is dreadful. I know we have a problem. The hubs have not helped at all. Please send an engineer. 🙏

What is ur mobile signal like as some mobile provider have good unlimited deals

Hi @Michelle32a 👋.

thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you have had with the red light on your Hub. We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina