cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage on 07/01, higher packet loss since and now another outage

Chez92
Up to speed

Had an outage of about an hour on Sunday 07/01, once this was resolved there was much more packet loss than before the outage as well as ping spikes which are causing constant little niggling issues like buffering and having difficulties in Teams calls.

07/01:

Chez92_0-1704799326005.png

08/01:

Chez92_1-1704799348052.png

09/01:

Chez92_2-1704799384716.png

I'd like this to be investigated and resolved asap please. I had an issue with packet loss recently and an engineer came out, he told me he had no idea why he'd been sent out because he couldn't do anything on a network level which is where the packet loss is occurring. He swapped me over to a new hub just to try it but I'm not interested in sticking plaster resolutions, I want the problem fixed at source.

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chez92,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband connection. 😔

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• ➡ Fault reference number: F011144843
  • ➡ Estimated fix time: 15 JAN 2024 15:00
  • ➡ Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

There is a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. You can view more information on this, as well as the eligibility criteria here 👉 Automatic Compensation

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately whatever they did/didn't do yesterday hasn't helped as I'm now having another full outage. Could you please let me know what's going to be done to resolve this and when it will be done by?

I can see this in my account which I'm hoping is going to be a fix for this

Chez92_0-1705412354722.png

But then I also see this, which I know is not the case

Chez92_1-1705412400047.png

It's just typical VM mixed messages

Cheers

Thanks for the reply @Chez92 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear the fault is still on-going, 😞
I've had a look and the engineers have advised that the fix date for this issue has been updated to the 19th of January by 3pm.

We'll check back then to see if everything has been resolved.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi Ilyas,

It looks like this is still ongoing, is there another date on the system for them to attempt to fix it again? Really not happy

Chez92_0-1706175298235.png

Cheers

Thanks for the reply @Chez92 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry about this issue on the network.
I've looked at the fault, under reference: F011144843.

The estimated repair time is for the 31st of January 2024 at 12pm.
Let's check back then and all issues should be resolved.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi Ilyas_Y,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately this issue is still not resolved

Chez92_0-1706873221350.png

As you can see still getting packet loss, when are they going to actually fix this? It's just unacceptable and if it's not sorted within the next 2 weeks I'll be cancelling my contract. I only went with VM as there were no other fast providers available at the time but I can now get full FTTP so you don't have me over a barrel any more 😄

I know it's not your fault so apologies for the tone, it's directed at the people at the top, hope you're having a great week!

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Checking things this end, the fault has been resolved since you posted. 

Can you try rebooting your hub to give things a little refresh and monitor the connection over the next 24 hours. Let us know if things improve and if not we can investigate a little deeper for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team