cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband service

Caius1989
Tuning in

I have been having issues with my internet service since the 22nd December.  It is constantly flashing either red or green. I can sometimes log into my hub settings and have provided a screenshot. I can not get any information on the up and downstream as it is blank.

Need to know if there is any issue with my service or if someone is able to help.

Screenshot_20240102_144316_Chrome.png

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Caius1989
Tuning in

I have just booked an engineer visit for tomorrow (4th January) hope this time it is not cancelled. I will update this tomorrow if the service is online again.

The engineers have been and the issue is with a damaged cable running from the cabinet to my property. They have ordered a new cable and told me it should be replaced in 7 - 10 days.

The engineers were brilliant and explained everything.  I can not remember their names but they deserve credit for taking the time to investigate this issue.

Hi Caius1989

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

We are sorry to hear about the service issues you have been having.

Thank you for the update regarding the engineer visit. 

I have taken a look at things on our side and can see a visit has been scheduled. 

Have you now been given the date for this?

If not, you should be able to view this via your online My Virgin Media account.

If for any reason you can't, please let us know and we can send you a private message to confirm this.    

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki_M,  I have seen that my appointment is booked for the 18th January.

Good evening @Caius1989 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please let us know how the visit goes or if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

My appointment was moved to today (2nd February) and the guys fixed the cable outside my property and the omnibox, my internet is now back to normal.