cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Routing Issue

plynch66
Dialled in

Hi,

I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine for over a year.

Using traceroute on my PC, I can see that the packets never get beyond 'bagu-core-2b-ae91-650.network.virginmedia.net'

If I connect my work laptop to my mobile data hotspot, the traceroute completes successfully.

I did try the Virgin support WhatsApp chat function but they tried to sell me Wi-Fi pods to 'solve the issue' and then offered to send out a free coaxial cable instead......sigh.....

Is anyone here able to escalate this issue for me ?

Thanks,

Paultracert.png

68 REPLIES 68

I'm in WA4 and can now access https://bitbucket.org/ 

shands64
On our wavelength

Yup, everything seems to be working for me this morning, too. Dare we say..  "fixed"?

mattrobinson31
Tuning in

has the simpsons dome finally been lifted from over warrington?

tgs1
Tuning in

It's working fine for me now in WA5

MStrauss
Tuning in

Most things seem to be back though there are still some sites and systems I am unable to access. They may be an IT issue my side though.

We are still seeing some packet loss at our end to a VOIP server on aws.

Jakeonamac
Joining in

Hi I'm in South Warrington too, and stumbled across this forum today after growing increasingly frustrated with certain sites / apps not working whilst connected via VM. Had a thought it may have been AWS related, googled AWS and Virgin and ended up here. I knew it wasn't coincidence - and I'm still having the issue this evening. 

I've been having the same problem for a month! Still not solved!

Hi there @Jakeonamac and @uksweet 

We are so sorry to hear that you are also effected by this issue and thank you so much for reaching back out. I'm going to pop you both a private message so we can take a closer look into this. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.