cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving router

Samanmo
Joining in

Hi, 

My broadband/wifi router was installed upstairs years ago in what is now an inconvenient spot. I would like it moved downstairs. What's the easiest way to book an engineer to do this please? 

161 REPLIES 161

Hi @Robjwk,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I can see in another thread with one of my colleagues earlier today that we've reached out to assist you with some router related issues. Would you like us to continue assisting you with that from there before we look into potentially moving the equipment and your install?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Can I get my router moved? Happy to pay £25

I want to move my router about half.a meter but the cable is only 2m.. I be damned if I will pay 25 quid for someone to give me a new cable 😞

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

@fizz wrote:

I want to move my router about half.a meter but the cable is only 2m.. I be damned if I will pay 25 quid for someone to give me a new cable 😞

To buy a 2m cable yourself of the correct quality is roughly £15 including postage and even then you don't know if the power levels will be correct.

So £25 isn't a bad deal considering an engineer visits your home (It used to be £99!).

Hi thanks for the reply, I would like to go ahead with having the router moved, as  in it's current location it requires long cables to hard wire my equipment which I want to do away with

Cheers 

Rob 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will pop you over a private message and arrange that for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Can you arrange that for me too please Ryan 🙏🏻 

Hi Ryan and team

Please can someone contact me as I would also like to arrange to having my router moved. 🙏

Many thanks! 

They came to move my Router yesterday and my WiFi is very much improved.  Turns out the dropouts were because the router was too near the TV.  Great service from Virgin Media.  Thanks to all who helped.

That's great to hear that your drop outs have since been resolved by moving your router @PaulHibbert.

Yes, any other frequencies will affect your overall WiFi performance so best to keep other devices away from the hub if possible. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley