cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into hub 5

Corky6372
Joining in

Hi I’m trying to log into my hub 5 as just upgraded from hub 3. Need to put it into bridge mode so can connect my orbi mesh router and satellites that we were using before.  It saying my password is incorrect when logging in. I just unplugged my old hub and reconnected the new hub. I didn’t log in to old hub 3 to change back to roaming mode first. Would this make a difference?

6 REPLIES 6

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You need to use the details printed on the panel Hub 5. They will be different to those on the Hub 3.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Client62
Legend

Make quite sure to use the Hub 5 menu password for login at http://192.168.0.1      ( the Hub and WiFi passwords are different  )

Where would I find that password ?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's on the bottom of the Hub.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Used details on hub base. Says wrong password?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two passwords on the bottom of the Hub.  Are you sure you are using the correct one?  Also some of the printing on these labels leaves a lot to be desired.  Make sure you are reading it correctly, and possibly noting some of the o's and 0's (zero) look alike.

If you are still stuck, do a 60 second pinhole reset on the Hub, this will revert back to the factory passwords.  The reset pin is also on the bottom of the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks