cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had wifi today but i have numerous wifi dead spots

Johnnyrbebel
Joining in

Set up my new WiFi today but if numerous dead spots and slow connections unless I'm in same room as modem?

7 REPLIES 7

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnnyrbebel

Happy New Year! Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having a few problems with your connection after setting up. We've had a look and it looks like there's some quite serious signal levels which will be the culprit. We'll need to send out an engineer to come and take a look. 

I've dropped you a private message so I can get this arranged with you.

Thanks.

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Johnnyrbebel 
Thanks for getting back to me with your details via PM.

I've gone ahead and booked in the next available engineer appointment for you. You can view and manage your appointment slot here.

There are a few things you need to be aware of for the visit. There may be a £25 charge if:

•    The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).

•    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.

•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.

•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 😊

Beth

Hi, 

Thanks for the prompt replay although I don't think I need a technician so I have cancelled the appointment. I am really happy with the WiFi and the speed but the WiFi doesn't reach to parts of my property that I need it too. I didn't know if there was some kind of booster available from yourself?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do supply pods (they are not boosters, you cannot boost a WiFi signal, only extend its range), but unless your plan allows for free one they are very costly with a monthly rental. You are much better using your money for Wireless Access Point/s or mesh system.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

As Tudor has advised, we offer Pod's that extend the range of the wireless network. These are free on our Volt package and can be supplied up to 3 (but 1 at a time) 

Have you tried the Connect App for the scans? This app will also let you order the Pod if required.

Rob

Can you please assist me in obtaining a pod? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this issue

Hi @Johnnyrbebel 

Thanks for coming back to us. We will send you a PM now to assist but please do the app scans first so we can help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill