cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to set a Wi-Fi Password shorter than 10 characters?

CiaranMcK92
Joining in

We've just had Virgin installed. We have a LOT of smart devices around our home. Our plugs, our bulbs, our smart speakers, our white goods, all connected to the Wi-Fi. 

It would take hours to go around all of them and update the wifi details, so whenever I've changed internet provider previously I've just changed the wifi name and password to the old one so that all of my devices would connect automatically. I use an 8-character password with a mix of letters, numbers, characters, upper and lower case etc. Plenty secure. 

Unfortunately my Virgin Hub 3 seems to need a 10 character password. I did face this with my last ZTE router but found a work-around that if I logged in via the mobile app it would let me use a shorter password. Is there any work-around for me to be able to change the password requirements with Virgin? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

The Hub 3 Guest Wi-Fi also requires 10 characters in Uppercase / lowercase / numeric.

Still got the ZTE router - perhaps it be re-purposed as a Wi-Fi Access Point to host the IoTs ?